Painting by Peter Malone
Jung, Dreams, & the Body
‘In the deepest sense, we all dream not of ourselves, but out of what lies between us and the other.’ – C.G. Jung
Tina Stromsted, Online workshop, November 11
About the workshop
“The symbols of the self arise in the depths of the body.”
“In the deepest sense, we all dream not of ourselves, but out of what lies between us and the other.”
– C.G. Jung
These challenging, polarizing times call us to draw from creative, healing energies from deeper parts of the Self. Our workshop will introduce DreamDancing©, which integrates C. G. Jung’s insights into dreams and his active imagination method with creative, embodied approaches.
Our bodies and dreams may be our closest links to the unconscious, expressing the soul’s longing through image, breath, gesture, the rhythm of our steps, and the music of our speech.
Dreams carry treasures that enhance the meaning and depth of our life’s journey. Illuminating our inner landscape, they help us come to know disowned parts of ourselves, point to what we value, and provide guidance on our life path.
Attending to the body allows us to access the emotions and energies expressed through our dreams’ textures, imagery, and unfolding action. Here, the body and psyche can begin to work together. Like a compass, gestures emerge that can guide us toward true north, where our life energy is directing us.
- Enhancing your personal life and clinical practice with this approach by providing increased comfort with and appreciation for your own bodily wisdom and feeling responses.
- Expanding our awareness of the bodily foundations in therapeutic relationships deepens empathy and effectiveness in working with others while providing avenues for self-care and renewal.
- Through an integration of presentation and experiential exploration, this seminar will support you in nurturing body and soul through expressive movement, drawing, and writing.
- Together, we will engage our dreams to connect with a deeper sense of knowing, creativity, and wholeness — in ourselves, in all our relations, and as world citizens attuning to an evolving planetary call.
Preparation for this workshop
- Please bring a recent dream that resonates for you that you’d like to explore. If it’s difficult to remember a dream, you may choose a fantasy or life situation you’d like to learn more about.
- Please dress comfortably, choose a private space with room to move.
- Have paper, pen, and drawing materials on hand.
- No experience in dance or dreamwork is necessary, only curiosity and openness to engage the unknown.
Tina Stromsted, Ph.D., LMFT, LPCC, BC-DMT, RSMT/E, is a Jungian analyst, Board Certiﬁed Dance/Movement therapist, Somatics Educator, and author. Former co-founder and faculty of the Authentic Movement Institute, she teaches at the C. G. Jung Institute of San Francisco, Jung Platform, the Marion Woodman Foundation, and at conferences for the International Association for Analytical Psychology. With 45 years of clinical experience in hospitals, community mental health, and private practice, her numerous publications & webinars explore the integration of body, psyche, soul, relationship, community and nature in healing and transformation. Founder of Soul’s Body Center®, she lectures and teaches at universities and healing centers in many parts of the world, with a private practice and consultation in San Francisco.
Register for this workshop
- Format: online, zoom, 3.5 hours with consecutive translation (English to Chinese)
- Time: November 11, 4-7:30pm PDT (7-10:30pm NY time)
- Fee: standard price: 145 USD; early bird (until October 22): 96 USD; price for IACAET members: 102 USD
- Send email to email@example.com to register.