WAEF 2023 LBMS Summit Program D1
LBMS Summit Programme outline (TBC upon submission content)
Day 1: Laban/Bartenieff Movement System – 21st Century developments, processes, applications, opportunities, and challenges.
We will explore the rich global landscape of ‘Laban’ practice and the various processes and applications of the LBMS framework. The afternoon’s sessions will be particularly focused on contemporary issues arising from LBMS and the opportunities it offers, as well as an honest and bold approach to discussing its challenges and limitations for the 21st Century.
Laban’s work as a theatre artist is widely recognised. We encourage submissions which explore contemporary developments of Laban’s principles and how these can be used in creative practice, and/or to enhance performer training in arts contexts, which may include dance, drama, theatre, music. Submissions relating to how Laban’s principles are integrated in the health and wellbeing fields to benefit participants’ health and wellbeing are also welcomed.
We invite contributions which include, but are not limited to, the following:
LBMS in –
- Therapy and health
- Coaching/business consulting
- Creative arts
- Performer training and performance
We welcome workshops, performances, papers, moving papers/demonstrations, snapshots of practice, key conversations/groups, provocations.
- Opportunities and challenges for contemporary practitioners
We welcome workshops, performances, papers, moving papers/demonstrations, snapshots of practice, key conversations/groups, provocations which illuminate opportunity and/or challenges in the LBMS for 21st Century Practice.
How to get involved
- If you would like to present at the Forum, click here
- If you would like to be involved in the editorial work of the proceedings, click here
- If your organization would like to be a partner of the Forum, click here
- If you would like to sponsor the Forum, click here
- If you would like to be a volunteer, click here
Registration for the participants/delegates opens on Dec 12, 2022