Experience the Subtle Alchemy between Sound and Imagination, Voice, Chant, and Music Tools to Activate Creativity and Healing
Grammy® nominated musician takes you to experience ‘Sound is a safe space to have feelings’
Online workshop, October 28/29
Unlocking The Secrets of The Voice-Deep Listening
Free The Voice
About the workshop
Universally and from time immemorial, all ancient traditions implement Sound and chanting as a gateway to contemplation, healing, and spiritual evolution. The devotional art of communal singing can reach a state of joy and freedom in a few minutes. The Voice is our primordial most intimate and generative space of co-existence. Like a sonic placenta, the Voice is directly connected to our umbilical cord, the mother, creation, and the cosmic dimension of consciousness. Enchanted by the emotional magic of medicine melodies, one’s mindset about the voice is free from the archetype of the singer and chanting turns into a natural medium for quantum listening – always listening to everything without judgment.
This 3-hour experiential workshop is designed for anyone who has a strong interest in learning about the transformative and healing powers of sound, including health care professionals, psychologists, clinicians, educators, musicians, clergy, singers, sound healers, music therapists, yoga practitioners, body workers, and spiritual seekers. It will introduce a practice of Deep Chant as a point of entry to accumulate vitality, assess and express distress and tensions, and to activating both circulatory and attentional systems. Delving into acoustic subtleties and guided by Grammy’s nominated Silvia Nakkach’s refined melodiousness, participants will explore the ecstatic, the shamanic, and the contemplative energy of the voice through the beauty of the indigenous world chants, invocations, mantras, and the magic of the Ragas of India. The music-making will be accompanied by sound tools, crystal tone bowls, and easy-to-play instruments. The session is designed with an emphasis on the therapeutic and somatic experience of sound. Through this liberating approach, the Voice becomes a conduit to enhance the sensibility of the subtle in the body and the mind, expanding consciousness states, and reconnecting with human’s intrinsic blueprint of joy, along with the creative engagement that follows. As the vibration risen so does the healing power of Sound.
- Offers mind-body-spirit perspective in working with sound tools and the voice in creative therapeutic processes.
- Approaches sound, voice, and music as a coming together of art and science, creative expression and auditory stimulation, and integrating deep listening with the spiritual science of vibration.
- Introduces the benefits of the ancient practice of Nada Yoga in the therapeutic alliance, and many clinical and wellness settings where there is a growing need for practitioners with a background in sound, chant, and music healing.
- AUDITORY STIMULATION: HEARING AND LISTENING: Understand how particular way to deliver frequencies, tonalities, music and intention work within the body-mind to create health and well-being.
- Techniques to enhance the sensibility of the Subtle in the body and the mind through the use of simple sound instruments, vocalizations, and movement.
- Learn how to raise your own consciousness in order to become a better listener and healer through deep listening and quantum listening techniques.
- Understand how sound and music affects us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, in order to create more effective treatments for yourself and others.
- Be introduced to how to design and conduct a healing session on others, with voice, music and sound healing instruments.
- Gain a wider understanding of the capabilities of all the Sound Healing instruments and medicine melodies.
- Understand the use of the human voice in various healing practices, including singing and self-expression as used in ritual by many spiritual traditions and cultures.
- Explore a diverse range of frameworks and modalities of sound and chanting to affect consciousness states and enhance education and personal growth.
Silvia Nakkach, M.A., MMT, (Saraswati Devi) is a Grammy® nominated musician, an interdisciplinary sound artist, educator, and author, Silvia is a former clinical psychotherapist and an internationally accredited specialist in cross-cultural sound and music therapies, including music in shamanic practices. Silvia has been an exhilarating if unique bridge between European and Indian classical musical traditions for more than 30 years. She is the founding director of the International Vox Mundi School and the Yoga of the Voice training, devoted to the preservation of unusual vocal cultures through performance, education, and spiritual practice with centers in Japan, South Korea, Brazil, and across the US. Her work has led her to participate in the research of microtonal singing and clinical uses of the voice to release emotional tension. Silvia’s therapeutic vocal techniques have become landmarks in the field of music therapies, and her albums are widely used in Hospices and in Integrative Medicine centers.
She is the academic consultant and core instructor of the New York Open Center Sound Practitioner Certificate. In addition to her many academic credentials, Silvia has devoted more than 40 years to the practice of Classical North Indian Music and the art of raga singing under the direction of the late Maestro Ali Akbar Khan and other great living masters of the Dhrupad tradition. She acts as a teacher and a mentor at the CIIS’s Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research and an Adjunct Faculty of East-West Psychology’s Asian Contemplative Trans-cultural Studies at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS). She has released sixteen CD albums and her book Free Your Voice has been translated in five languages. (Sounds True, 2012) Visit: www.voxmundiproject.com.
Register for this course
- Format: online, zoom, 3 hours with consecutive translation (English to Chinese)
- Time: October 28, 6-9pm PDT (9-12pm NY time)
- Fee: standard price: 120 USD; early bird (until September 30): 80 USD
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register.