Workplace and Social Psychology Informed Practice of ‘Organizational Dance Therapy’
Dates: October 16 (Saturday) and 17 (Sunday), 8:00 – 11:30am Beijing time;
October 15 (Friday) and Oct 16 (Saturday) 8:00 – 11:30pm New York;
Place: Zoom (online)
Instructor: Malini Nagpal, BC-DMT, Ph.D.
Target participants: Professionals
Aorist Speak© approach is the practice of Dance Therapy in conjunction with the practice and science of Industrial/Organizational Psychology (work place psychology). Where by, workplace and social psychology informed practice of ‘Organization Dance Therapy’ is offered and that is implemented at all levels of organizations to facilitate the organizations’ community wellbeing and growth.
We use the practice of Dance Therapy influenced by Workplace Psychological theories and Culturally informed Social Psychological theories to help Organizations:
- Create safe space, instilling trust, and establish goal based inter / intra-connections which forward empowered work and overall organizational community wellbeing, including financial wellbeing.
- Create leadership acceptability and contextually informed leader development.
- Improve work teams connection with the organization and / or department mission, vision, strategy, and goals.
- Created clear and concise flow in communication and workflows.
- Provide customized training during challenging time of change i.e. Change Management and times of uncertainty.
- Conduct needs analysis on current and future state of work place motivation and offer methods to bridge the gaps that improve work and organizational commitment.
In this 3-day webinar students will explore theories of work place psychology and application of Dance Therapy in Organizations. They will be introduced to how work place psychology informed Dance Therapy fits into:
- Organizational structure and infrastructure
- Organizational Vs. Personal Culture
- Power Distance
Students will also be introduced to the difference between group dynamics/process and work team dynamics and process, as they have their own interpersonal and attachment system and theory.
Lastly, the students will be introduced to key components of successfully working within an organization as an “Organizational Dance Therapist.”
The course is taught in English with Mandarin translation
The primary goal of this course is to develop a beginning understanding of work place and social psychology informed practice of Dance Therapy. More specifically, how to:
- apply systematic process of building relationships with people that facilitate emotional, mental, and social change and wellbeing; and
- work with people within and at all levels of organizations to facilitate the organizations’ community wellbeing and growth.
This introductory course will provide a foundation that prepares them for advanced level course work with the aim of securing professional work as “Organizational Dance Therapist.”
After completing this course students will be able to:
- understand basic theories of work place and social psychology informed Dance Therapy
- understand, at introductory level, how workplace and social psychology informed Dance Therapy fits into:
- Overall organizational structure and infrastructure:
- Mission, Vision, Strategy,
- Work place community wellbeing and motivation
- Policies, Procedures, Workflows
- Change Management
- Organizational vs. Personal Culture
- Power Distance
- Will be able to identify difference between group dynamics/process and work team dynamics and process, as they have their own interpersonal and attachment system and theory.
- Understand and identity differences and commonalities between “Organizational Dance Therapist and the clinical practice of Dance Therapy。
Day One Introduction to key work place and social psychology theories that inform the practice of Dance Therapy when working in Organizations. Learn the differences and commonalities of working within organization as an ‘Organizational Dance Therapist’ and as a Dance Therapist working in clinical setting.
Day Two Introduction to how and where workplace and social psychology informed practice of Dance Therapy fits into overall organizational structure and infrastructure, organizational and personal culture, power distance, group vs. team dynamics/process. Applied examples and experientials will be offered to enhance embodied learning.
Day Three Focus on ethical consideration of working within an organization and / or as consultant.
Tuition: 230USD, 185USD for early bird who pays the tuition before September 26.
A certificate of completion attesting to 7 hours of completion will be issued to those fully participate by Inspirees Institute.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
About the instructor
Malini Nagpal, BC-DMT, Ph.D.
Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist (BC-DMT)
Industrial Organizational Psychologist (Ph.D.)
President & Founder: Aorist Speak: The hidden language of success are you listening?
Since the early 90’s Dr. Nagpal has been coaching organizational and individual clients to refine their body communication to achieve more effective leadership, organizational community wellbeing, power, and professional success. As a Board Certified – Dance/Movement Therapist (BC-DMT) and with a Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology, Dr. Nagpal views her work in the area of body communication as a science that can create optimum levels of organizational, professional, and personal success.
Dr. Nagpal has created Aorist Speak © approach and training materials to train actors, attorney groups, sales/marketing teams, health care professionals, senior leaders / teams, and organizations in various industries to achieve success through more effective communication. Aorist Speak© is an approach whereby the practice and science of Industrial/Organizational (workplace) and social psychology informed practice of ‘Organizational Dance Therapy’ is offered and implemented at all levels of organizations to facilitate the organizations’ community wellbeing and growth.
Dr. Nagpal’s work has been presented at international conferences such as, Society of Industrial/Organizational Psychology (SIOP), Association for Psychological Sciences (APS), Creative Movement Therapy Association of India (CMTAI), at various universities (LMU, UCLA, UC Berkeley, etc.), and much more.